Food intolerances are more common than food allergies. The symptoms appear more slowly, often many hours after eating. Typical symptoms include bloating, stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhoea.
An estimated 1 in 100 people have coeliac disease (an auto-immune response to gluten proteins found in various food such as nuts, cereals and milks).
A food allergy is a rapid and potentially serious response to a food by your immune system.
An estimated 21 million adults in the UK suffer from at least one allergy and the number of sufferers is on the rise.
Food allergies can be fatal!
People with allergies can have different response and serious reactions such as anaphylaxis, which can be lethal.
We've created an 'easy to use' application TASnow™ to display in the restaurant. It is quick, simple and helpful for both staff and customers.
TASnow™ (Take Allergens Seriously) gives caterers the ability to manage their allergen information online.
The application can be accessed via the Internet on any device and provides details of daily menus, allergens, nutrition and reviews.
The current paper-based process is time consuming and inconvenient for the business and customers. TASnow™ improves productivity, reduces waste and environmental impact, is more convenient for restaurant staff and engages the customers.
• Allergen, diet and recipe ingredients are available anywhere, anytime.
• Easily view the daily menu and plan ahead.
• Provides nutritional and calorific values, tailored to dietary preferences.
• Dishes reviewed and rated by customers.
• Simple, user-friendly, accessible and convenient.
• Quick and easy to deploy allergens and diet information.
• Better customer engagement and communication.
• Better productivity and reduced environmental impact.
• Improved record keeping and compliance, reducing overhead costs.
• Future integration with existing applications.
• Instant and meaningful customer feedback and analytics.